Here are some helpful tips for packing your items for a safe overnight delivery:
- Always use strong, good-quality boxes or packaging materials.
- If you are reusing packaging, always remove old labels including any hazardous materials information stickers.
- Always use the correct-sized box for your items – if the box is too large it could collapse and, likewise, if the box is too small it could burst during transit.
- Be sensible about the weight of items that you put in a box – don't overload boxes.
- Pack items in the centre of a box with plenty of cushioning, to stop any movement during transit. Use bubble wrap, shreds, packaging chips, even old newspapers.
- Protect data storage media with appropriate cushioning and ideally wrap each item separately.
- Pack smaller items in larger boxes and remember that some attractively packaged gifts are not always suitable for shipping directly - they will usually require separate outer packaging and protection.
- Make sure that liquids, semi-liquids, powders or strong smelling substances are properly sealed in leak-proof containers and further wrapped in plastic bags and held upright in a strong box and correctly labelled with ‘arrow up’ signs.
- Wines and spirits – firstly pack bottles into an inner box, and then add rigid outer packaging for extra protection. Use corrugated cardboard or foam dividers, ideally use bespoke packaging when shipping bottles.
- Fragile items should be well cushioned from the sides and particularly at the bottom of the boxes. Label boxes as fragile and include ‘arrow up‘ stickers.
- Always protect sharp items securely, carefully wrapping any scissors or knives to protect them from piercing through packaging materials.
- Use strong packaging tape or a strapping machine to secure parcels (not domestic adhesive tape), making sure all flaps are securely fastened.
- Write all labels clearly (using capitals) and never cover them up with tape or film.
- Include both address and sender details inside so that even if the outer label becomes detached, you can call us on 01733 231111 and there's a chance we can still safely deliver your parcel.
- We’re sorry but we can’t accept any liability for this packaging advice, but we hope it will help you pack items responsibly and securely for their onward journey.??
Please complete the form below to get a quote for our Same Day, Next Day, International and Specialist Courier services.
Fields marked with * must be completed.