Charging & Volumetric Weight
- Overnight carriers charge by either the gross or volumetric weight, whichever is the greater.
- The chargeable weight of a consignment is the aggregate total of each individual package rounded up to the nearest kg.
- Where the volume of any single parcel exceeds a pre-determined value for cubic centimetres per kilo, then volumetric weight will be applied. ?
If you need advice please call us on 01733 231111.
How to Calculate Volumetric Weight
Volumetric Weight is calculated using the formula below:
- Multiply each dimension Length (cm) x Width (cm) x Height (cm) then divide by the volumetric factor and this will give the equivalent volumetric weight in kg.
A parcel measuring 60cm x 60cm x 60cm weighing only 15kg would have a volumetric weight of 36kg.
60 x 60 x 60 = 216 000
216 000/6000 = 36
- It is recommended that you calculate the Volumetric Weight for every parcel that you send then compare this to its actual weight. The greater weight of the two is used to calculate the price that we charge you.
Please complete the form below to get a quote for our Same Day, Next Day, International and Specialist Courier services.
Fields marked with * must be completed.